If you plan to buy an apartment, this article will present a list of things you should check before buying. We will not deal with the paperwork and the purchase procedure here because these topics deserve special treatment.
We will focus on details that can be of great importance to you and many real estate buyers ignore. In the following, we will help you check all the facts that you should find out before buying a property to avoid unpleasant surprises and to invest as wisely as possible in your future.
1. Define the square footage and structure of the apartment
First and foremost, it is essential to estimate the size and structure of the apartment you need, and you will do it based on your needs and lifestyle. However, since this is a long-term investment, you should also consider factors that will mean something to you in the future, such as the space your family will be planning. It is best to consider the following questions:
- How long do you plan to live in that apartment?
- How much budget do you have?
- Do you have a certain amount in cash, or if you go shopping with a home loan, what is the amount of the monthly installment that you can set aside?
- Are you planning to expand your family? Maybe pets?
- What type of heating do you prefer?
- Are you interested in old or new construction?
- Do you have to look exclusively for new construction? This is important if you want to apply for a VAT refund.
- Are you going to buy an apartment for yourself, personal or business purposes, or rent?
- How many rooms do you need?
These questions will help you know what you are looking for and what you need. Once you’ve defined all of these things, it’s time to search for locations that would suit you.
2. Explore nearby facilities
Make sure the property you are interested in is close to the facilities you need. This primarily refers to shops and public transport, parks, hospitals, schools, distance from your work, gym, etc. This is another reason we note that it is a good idea to live in one area in a rented apartment before you permanently settle in it. Realtor in Brampton Simra Realty.
Take a walk down the street where the building is found several times and at different times of the day and check how busy the road is, whether parking spaces are available, how noisy the settlement itself is, and whether that noise could be something that will disturb your life.
It is a good idea to arrange an inspection of the building in the afternoon or at a time of day when traffic jams are possible before you agree to buy.
Also, pay attention to nearby facilities. Also, when you decide on a particular apartment, consider whether the building itself is located near clubs, cafes, or other places if it is essential to you. Are there buildings under construction, nightclubs that could be noisy. Find out more at Mahindra Eden.